Thursday, December 10, 2009

Mute

I feel a bit speechless the past few days.  Words want to come.  So many words.  But when I open my mouth (or touch the keyboard) nothing comes.  Maybe I'm a bit like Zechariah.  I know God can do amazing things through my life to give glory to Him, but at times, my big mouth might get in the way.  Zechariah's mouth was shut by God so he did not mess up during Elizabeth's pregnancy with John.  He doubted, so he became mute.  Maybe God has got the mute button on my mouth right now so I can't nay say what he is planning to birth.  I can feel something brewing inside me and new opportunities have been presented to me.  A door has been opened and I am really hoping this is what I have been praying for.  Sorry to be so vague, it's just that things aren't really clear yet and I do not want my mouth to speak where it has no authority to speak and I don't want to underestimate what God can do.  So for now, I will sit and wait on the Lord until he sees fit to let me speak these things. 
I know that God can and will make beauty from ashes and I feel like I am watching this process before my very eyes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what's going on right now obviously but I am praying for you! God will do wonderful things and He will be with you in this time.

Thank you so much for all of your supportive posts on my blog. I'm sorry for not returning them more often. I am doing my best to do so.

Anonymous said...

*hugs* and prayers for what you are going through right now...hope for all great and wonderful things.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I found this site. http://www.memoriesofmariam.com/ You can order FREE customized certificates of life and bereaved mom bracelets from the site, all you have to pay is shipping and it's a very small price. I will be ordering mine hopefully tomorrow. Just wanted to let you know if you had any interest.

Heather said...

Praying for you. I have felt this way at times. Anyway, you are a willing vessel, and because of that, I know God will do great things through you - I believe He already has.