Saturday, March 17, 2012

Samuel


1 Samuel 1:27-28
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the Lord.  For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."

The little boy we have loved since we first met his birth mother was born March 9 by emergency c-section.  (He is fine. his birth mother is fine).

We cared for him along side her and left the hospital with him in our arms and he had our last name.  



Then, at six days old, his birth mother called and said this was much harder than she expected.  That she couldn't complete the adoption plan.  

We placed her back in his arms.

He was ours for a short time, but we loved him none the less.

We named him Samuel.  

He was one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen and such a joy to care for.  

I'm so glad I got to be his mama, even if it was only for six days.

I will share much more of the story, but I just had to start writing and start getting it all out.

Thanks for the prayers.  We greatly need them.

13 comments:

crystal said...

My heart is breaking for you guys. God must have an awesome plan for you and your husband since the devil keeps trying to fight you guys. I know that the God we serve loves His children and He will heal your broken heart. Praying for strength!!!

Heidi Grohs said...

Still thinking of you....you are always on my mind...now? More so than ever! (((HUGS)))

Deanna said...

Words cannot express my feelings of heartache for you. I am so sorry that Samuel could not stay with you. Much love to you, praying for your family.

Unknown said...

Mattie...there are no words...I'm so sorry. I know how much you wanted Samuel; I know how long you waited for him. I wish there was something I could do other than say sorry. Sending you lots of prayers.

Holly said...

many prayers and love to you still

Caroline said...

Praying for you so much {{{ <3 }}}

ccc said...

Any words that I write will be inadequate to let you know how sorry I am that this happened. I will pray for you and your husband.

Elainna said...

Mattie I'm so sorry. Heart broken for the loss and pain of your family. Samuel is beautiful and his name perfect. You are an amazing woman who even thru your pain can be thankful for the six days you got to be his momma. It goes without saying I wish you could of been his momma forever. Many prayers for you and your family from me and my family.

Lori said...

You never leave my prayers these days. Just sending them constantly.

And so grateful that even if just for 6 days, "God Heard" (Luke's full name is Samuel Luke!) and allowed that precious baby boy to know your mother's heart.

I know it may just be my aching heart for you...but still, praying for some miracle for you all.
xoxoxo

Jaime said...

Continued love being sent your way.

x <3 o

Heather said...

My hearts is breaking for you. So many prayers.

Amanda said...

Mattie..my heart is breaking for you. You have been through so much already, and there really are no words to even say at this point. All I can offer are my prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way. I am just so very sorry. Samuel is a beautiful name..

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love you, Mattie. Praying and aching with you...