Thursday, May 10, 2012

10 on 10

It seems like all I'm posting around here lately is insta.gram pictures, but I wanted to participate in the 10 on 10 project over at A Little Bit of Sunshine and the 10th just happened to fall on a Thursday and Thursdays I am at our local crisis pregnancy center...so...I used the wonderful i.Pod touch and instagramed my day one hour at a time.  I really love this challenge and the inspiration behind it.  I want to get back to using my actual camera more and hopefully next month will be able to for this challenge.  Let's see...the 10th falls on a...um...Sunday next month.  Well, I guess we will just have to see how that goes! 

The 10 on 10 is a challenge to take one photo on the hour every hour for 10 hours on the 10th of the month.  Here is a little peek into my Thursday!

 
9:00
Ethan and I made donuts for dad and put them in a PLASTIC tupper.ware container.  NOT a GLASS an.chor container.  We learned this lesson a couple of months ago after 'someone' accidentally set the glass container on the hood of the vehicle and drove off to deliver said donuts to someone for his birthday then subsequently shattered it all over the highway.  I mean shattered people.  Like little shards of glass and donuts everywhere. 

Moving on....


10:00
Opening up at the Pregnancy Center.  It still makes my heart smile to see my daughter's name on the things we donated after her death.  There are many little girly things in the Center's Baby Boutique that have this beautiful name attached to it.

11:00
Working on some emails and such at the Center. This is what is on our wall in the office/counseling room. 


12:00
My sweet aunt brought me a sweet tea from Micky D's. 


1:00

Between Mother's Day and Father's Day we do what is called the "Baby Bottle Boomerange".  At 1 I was working on bottles to go out to area churches.


2:00

Making copies of client note forms.


3:00

Uh oh.  Sad face.  We just changed the oil a couple of weeks ago.  This light should not be on.  Double Uh-Oh.  I have to go to the gas station.  Gulp.  I don't know about you, but I just really dislike seeing those numbers run up at the pump.


4:00

Seeing this sweet little face.  He was a bit anxious this afternoon.  We were waiting on my older brother and his family to get here from Oklahoma and Ethan could just not wait to see them.  He was bouncing off the walls.  At least I think that is what it was.  Maybe it was the donuts...


5:00

Checking on the strawberries in our strawberry patch. 


6:00

Still waiting on my brother and his family to get here.  Playing my newest addiction game and waiting.  I was not blessed with the artistic gene that runs in my family.  Crafty, yes.  Artistic, not so much.  But sometimes drawing a stick figure Johnny Depp and some one else actually being able to tell what it is makes me feel like Picaso.  Any one else?

Ok, so there is a summary of my day!  One little disclaimer though, some of the pics were taken a few mintues after the hour instead of on the hour because I did see clients at the Center and confidentiality is of huge importance so obvioulsy I wasn't going to snap their photos and place them on my blog for all three of my readers to see!  Oh-the brother and family did arrive a little after 8.  The kiddos played, I got to hold a baby, we had pizza. It was fun.  Just sad they can only stay until Sunday. 

This was fun.  I can't wait to do it with my actual camera!

You should too!  Go on over and bookmark this page and set your alarm to remind you on the 10th of next month and snap away!

1 comment:

Holly said...

oh my about the glass container!! eep!! :O

but yum yum for the donuts lol