Friday, March 25, 2011

Five Minute Friday- waking up




Five minute Friday topic:

waking up

I'm typing today's 5 minute Friday from my i.pod, so forgive the typos and brevity in advance :)

Today's topic is wakin up.

When we first lost Shyla, I was in a fog for a long time. Then, slowly, I began to wake up. I woke up to a life that I never imagined I would ever have. I woke up to all the things that can happen during pregnancy. But I also some up to the amazing support of women like me and for the resources these women provide. On the other hand, I also woke up to the terrible lack of resources for loss moms in hospitals and in real life.

Waking up to these reAlities made me want to do something about it.

That is all the time I have for this topic today!

To link up with 5 minute Fridays, check ou the button on the right sidebar.

3 comments:

Suzanne McClendon said...

Hi, I found your site through Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday adventure. I am so sorry for the loss of your babies. I have been there, too, and it hurts. PTL that we have the hope of being with our babies again in Heaven. Knowing they are safely with Heavenly Father is what has helped me to cope with not having them here with me. We will see them again. I will pray for you.
Your sis in Christ,
Suz

The Farmer Files said...

This is so sobering....and I am waking up too, learning how to help. Thanks for posting. I am visiting via 5 min Fridays. I have a friend that lost her baby 10 days after birth. I am one of the friends that supports. I am so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

Coming over from 5 minute Fridays. What a sobering post...thank you for sharing your heart. I know that one day you will see those babies again and for that we can rejoice! I will be praying for you as you walk through this journey. Know that you are touching many who come across your path.