Saturday, April 9, 2011

I've got mail!

After getting the email and a follow up letter two weeks ago that it could be 4-6 months before our formal application would be sent to us, guess what I got in the mail today?





That's right!  We got our formal application packet in the mail today!  I actually got an email night before last from our agency telling me that our formal app had been put in the mail and I just hadn't had time to update.  But when it came today I could hardly believe it!  Praise God!  I told the Korea program manager when she sent me the "it's going to be 4-6 months" email that if that means more orphans are getting forever families...fine withe me!  I guess having a good attitude is paying off! 

So here we go!  We have 4 weeks to get the packet back to them.  I need to have my physical, get the required photos together, fill out the financial statement, the formal app, the medical needs checklist and read through the material they sent!  I'm so excited!

3 comments:

Blomgrens said...

SO exciting! Baby steps - each part of the process is something to be celebrated!

Deanna said...

so excited for you! I read a quote the other day that made me think of you and your patience with this process: "Adoption is when a child grew is its mommy's heart instead of her tummy." (author unknown)
praying the other steps fall into place and you will have your little one home in no time! :)

Holly said...

That's so awesome it came sooner than expected!