Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Week of Laughter

Jakin's due date is one week from today. If you remember, his name (Jakin Isaac), means "God will establish Laughter". We believe that promise still stands. I tend to be a very serious person. I believe being a social worker with a probation/parole officer as a husband has really not helped this :-) But I do believe God wants me to lighten up and is using Jakin to make me focus on having a light heart and finding the funny in this very hurtful life. You see, despite our losses and grief, we believe God will establish laughter in our lives. Because he tells us, "A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22. And one thing that you can suffer from after loosing two children in a matter of 14 months is "dry bones".  So I need some good "medicine" this week!

I need you help though!  At the end of this post is a linky to link up to.  What should you link?  Posts to funny stories, jokes (clean ones only please), funny videos, photos, anything that makes you laugh.  Make a list of the funniest movies you've ever seen or tell the story of the first time you laughed after your losses.  I remember that time distinctly after both of mine.  You can also feel free to leave a joke on my facebook page or share some funnies with all your friends on fb!  It would give me no deeper joy this week than to know laughter was being established this week around the world becuase of you...because of him.

I am humbly asking that you all help spread some laughter around our community over the next week in memory of my littlest boy. If there is one thing that all of our lives are lacking, it's laughter. And with what we have all been through, that is totally understandable.

Laughter is a precious gift. This is something we most dearly realize after being grieved so deeply.
Thank you all for remembering him this week. I know I would have had to had a repeat c-section, so he would have born anytime this week more than likely. Thanks for all the extra love and prayers you have already sent!

1 comment:

lost--for--words said...

I want you to know that I will be remembering Jakin with you tomorrow. Love and strength to you!