Saturday, March 20, 2010

99 Things and Nothing to Say

I have kind of been at a loss of words lately and found this over at One Crafty Mommy and thought I would just give a little more info about me.  If you decide to do it too, leave a comment, I would love to read yours!


Bold: Indicates the things that I've already done

Italics: Indicates the things that I'd like to do
Plain Font: Indicates the things that I haven't done and don't want to do

1. Started your own blog. Well, yeah, actually I've started 4.  My personal/grief blog this one), my craft blog, a frugal blog and a blog to give updates about a fundraiser I'm coordinating with the March of Dimes.

2. Slept under the stars. In a hammock at church camp.

3. Played in a band.  Yes, I was a band kid for a few years in Middle and High School, I played the flute and was in color guard.

4. Visited Hawaii. REALLY want to do this!

5. Watched a meteor shower.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity.

7. Been to Disneyland/world. Maybe someday!
8. Climbed a mountain.

9. Held a praying mantis.

10. Sang a solo.

11. Bungee jumped.  (I have absolutely no desire to do this!)

12. Visited Paris.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.  Lots of crafts I do are just from seeing pictures and trying to replicate the item.

15. Adopted a child.  I would love to adopt someday. 

16. Had food poisoning.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

18. Grown your own vegetables.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.

20. Slept on an overnight train.

21. Had a pillow fight.

22. Hitch hiked.

23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill.

24. Built a snow fort.

25. Held a lamb.

26. Gone skinny dipping.

27. Run a marathon.

28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.

29. Seen a total eclipse.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.

31. Hit a home run. (As long as hitting on on Wii Sports counts!)

32. Been on a cruise. (We went to Grand Cayman Island and Jamaica on our honeymoon)

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. 

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. 

35. Seen an Amish community.  Menenite Community counts right?  They are slightly less restrictive than the true Amish.

36. Taught yourself a new language.  With some help, my hubby and I learned sign language when we were engaged.  We also taught Ethan when he was a baby.  Here he is at about 10 months signing "down" because he wanted out of his highchair.


37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (I don't find satisfaction in money).

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.

39. Gone rock climbing. Yes, I did.  But someone with as little upper body strength as I should not do that!

40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.

41. Sung Karaoke.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance.

47. Had your portrait painted.

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.

52. Kissed in the rain.

53. Played in the mud.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater.

55. Been in a movie.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China.

57. Started a business.

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia.

60. Served at a soup kitchen.

61. Sold Girl Scout Guide cookies.

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason.

64. Donated blood.

65. Gone sky diving. (Again, no desire!)

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.

67. Bounced a check.

68. Flown in a helicopter.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.

71. Eaten Caviar. (I know it is supposed to be a delicacy, but really....I just don't think I could do it)

72. Pieced a quilt.

73. Stood in Times Square.

74. Toured the Everglades. Also on our honeymoon!

75. Been fired from a job.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.

77. Broken a bone.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.

80. Published a book.

81. Visited the Vatican.

82. Bought a brand new car.

83. Walked in Jerusalem.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper. More than I would like to admit...in high school, I was in a lot of clubs.  With my current job, I'm also in the paper a lot.

85. Read the entire Bible.

86. Visited the White House.  In August of last year (I was almost 7 months pregnant with Shyla) I went to DC with some co-workers to a conference and we did some touring while we were there.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.

88. Had chickenpox. I remember the itching and the oatmeal baths....ugh...makes me want to scratch now!

89. Saved someones life. (You never know how the words you say and your actions effect others, so who knows, I would like to think that I have).

90. Sat on a jury.

91. Met someone famous. (If you are familiar with Christian Music they are famous.  Michael Tate from DC Talk and now the Newsboys, the whole Bleach Band, and Todd Agnew).

92. Joined a book club.

93. Lost a loved one.  Unfortunatly.

94. Had a baby. Twice blessed.

95. Seen the Alamo in person.

96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.

97. Been involved in a law suit.

98. Owned a cell phone. Since I was 16.

99. Been stung by a bee.

No comments: