Saturday, June 11, 2011

Twists and Turns

685160045_89f518b8df.jpg

Two weeks ago our file was ready to go to Korea.

The director of our program was in Korea at the time...we were told she would send our file as soon as she got home.

She came home with news instead...

Korea has already met their quota for international adoption visas for the year.  We were told no movement will be seen until late fall. 

Our file will stay in the states for an unknown amount of time.

So we wait.

This is not the end of our journey, we must wait.  At first, we were a little freaked out.  Honestly, we weren't even sure about staying in the Korea program (for a few minutes).  But some time in the past week since we recieved the email, God's peace has washed over our family and I know I needed this time.  If you know me well or have read my other blog at all, you know the last almost two years have been full of being pregnant, trying to get pregnant, trying to stay pregnant, the intense loss of burying two of our children and beginning the adoption process.  God is showing me that I, that we as a family, are given this time as a gift.  Not to say I don't still get frustrated at the thought of all the little ones waiting for their families and all the families waiting for their little ones and all that is keeping them apart is that peice of paper... 

But, we are waiting.  This is just the twisting of the our thread and turning it to an unbreakable cord. 

I plan on writing much more over now.  Everthing is completely out of our hands.  We have done everything in our power and now we wait.

Thank you all for patiently waiting and for praying with us for our little one and all the other little ones waiting.  Their waiting is much harder than ours.  So who am I to complain?

1 comment:

Holly said...

I know it has to be a little frustrating to have to wait longer but I'm glad you are putting your trust in God for the perfect timing. We both know God will get it right!