Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday again!

Time for some more random thoughts!


 1. We made cake batter cookies last week and one little guy found out how much he loves them.


2. Cake batter cookies are better with funfetti frosting :)


3. As per normal Sunday afternoon routine, we visited with my Grandmother and I wanted to snap some memories of her house at fall.  This dish of candy corn is a fall favorite.


4.  Another favorite is playing with her California Raisins.  My Grandma used to own a Hall.mark store and when she closed, she had lots of these little guys.  My cousins and I played with them while we were growing up and now our kids play with them too.  Love these little guys!


5.  Not to sound ignorant, but is this a butterfly cocoon?  We found several of these on a tree at my mom's house and wonder if it is a fluke for this time of year...


6.  Ethan discovered the fun of doing this recently...


7.  Fall is definitely in the air here!  The weather has been crisp and these little guys are crawling around.  (Random fact:  I sat up a booth one time at a festival called the "Wooly Worm Festival"  They had Woolyworm races and everything.)


8.  We haven't decorated Ethan's big pumpkin yet, but we got these two little ones ready to take the the babies special place for them.


9.  We (the hubby) grilled egg plant for the first time and we had egg plant burgers this weekend.  I have to say they were yummy and very economical!


10.  Thursday night Ethan and I had a little accident.  It could have been so much worse though and I am SO happy all that we ended up with is me with a sore neck and back and mud in our hubcaps.  Well, that's not entirely true, we also ended up with 4 brand spankin' new tires and the bill to match.  BUT, I feel MUCH safer knowing they are on there and I wont go sliding across the opposite lane of traffic and into a very big ditch and almost flip our jeep because the tires are not in good shape.  Yay!  I was very freaked out, but everything is ok and Ethan has been telling the story to everyone since then.  "Mommy said, 'HOLD ON!' and we went 'swoosh'...'then we went 'BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!' Then I said, 'Mommy, let's not do that again."


(source)

10. I'll posting again later today about Halloween.  It probably won't be a very popular post, but I believe it needs to be passed on.  Please be kind and if you would like to leave a comment, I encourage it, but please be respectful :-)

***
Linking up with Miscellany Monday and NOBH.

1 comment:

Briana@SweetCGrace said...

California Raisins - how fun!