Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Adoption Update

Well, I guess this title is a bit misleading.  There is really no new news in about the adoption.  Things are still were they were in May (as far as I know).  I did have a conversation with our social worker last month when I was sending my employer change letter and she said that the best estimate she had heard was that referrals would resume in late November.  Once they start issuing new referrals, our file would be sent.

So here we are, waiting.  In January we were told to expect a referral by fall...well, I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen since our file hasn't even made it to Korea yet :-)  I'm thinking that if all goes smoothly, we are probably looking at another year before we bring our baby home.  In one breath, that feels so daunting, but in the next I am calm about it.  We have kind of settled into the wait and are putting our hope in Him.


We know that God has the best timing and we know that if we seek Him before all else, He will work all things for our good (Romans 8:28).  

I have been reading other adoptive moms that are now waiting for their referrals.  They describe it as in the last days of pregnancy and the anxiousness of when exactly you will see your baby's sweet face for the first time.  My emotions are more like a momma trying to get pregnant.  Everyday it's like waiting to see if that pregnancy test is positive.  Everyday I wonder if I will get the call (or maybe email) saying that our file is sent and we will officially be on the wait list.    

We are waiting and we are trusting....

2 comments:

Lori said...

i'm sorry to hear that you have no news. i read somewhere that trust in God means trust in His timing. I love your attitude though, and will pray that your baby joins your family soon :)

http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Holly said...

Bummed there is no new news. I hope you get a referral soon!