Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Remembering Jakin's Healing

One year ago today, Jakin's heart was healed and he went home to Heaven.  I've just re-read my post from that day and I only kind-of remember writing it.  I have no doubt God was carrying us through those days.  It's a little harder today than it was then, in a way.  I don't know what I should be doing today.  I'm not sure how much more I can even elaborate, words are kind of escaping me today.  So I will just leave it quoting myself from my post I wrote one year ago today...

Ecclesiastes 7:1 says "A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth."  
Today was better than tomorrow.  

 

6 comments:

Heidi Grohs said...

I remember that post. It was so beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time.

Thinking of you and yours........

Sarita Boyette said...

Remembering Jakin with you & keeping you in my prayers.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I'm sorry I came upon this late, but I will still pray for you.

Lord, as I sit here in the early morning quiet, I lift up Mattie and her aching Mother's heart to you. I wish I knew what was best to ask for from you. As I type this prayer, the word "peace" comes to mind. Her heart seems understandably stirred-up, and I want her to feel soothed. So I pray you give her peace today and for the days that follow, the holidays.

Amen.

Jess said...

I nominated you for The Liebster Award. I have quietly been following your blog, but I pray for your family quite often. You are such a strong woman! I am so sorry for your losses, and hope that you found peace and healing in remembering Jakin's Healing this year.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

I love the way that you speak of Jakin's healing. Beautiful words of love, truth, and faith from your mama-heart. Please know that Jakin is remembered...

Kroosreads said...

I just read your post on Small Bird Studios--what a great idea to remember Jakin and Shyla!