Friday, November 11, 2011

Update on Dad

As today is Veteran's Day, I thought it might be appropriate to ask for prayers for my Dad.
Dad in the Army.  He is a Vietnam Veteran.


He was supposed to be finishing chemo this week, but when he had his bloodwork done last week, his white blood cell count was way too low.  They ordered him to stay home, not to be around people (if anyone came in sick it could be very bad for him) and to come back in a week.  If his numbers looked better, they will consider starting up again.  A few weeks ago (midway through treatment) they did a scan and said the tumor is not shrinking, but it wasn't growing either.  So right now we are just waiting it out.
We also had a death in the family last week. I don't feel I should go into details here, but one of my cousins (on my dad's side of the family) passed away and his two children and family need prayers.
I live over an hour away from my Dad and his family and after my parents divorced, I really didn't see them much.  His family has endured a lot of tragedies and need to be covered in prayer.
I sincerely thank each of you who takes the time to pause and pray over this situation.
And don't forget to thank the Veterans you know for their service.

3 comments:

lost--for--words said...

Thinking of you and your dad, and your extended family too. Your dad is such a handsome man - I will continually keep him in thought/prayer that he will be able to continue on with his treatment and that the tumours will begin to shrink. ((Hugs))

Heidi @ Boys, Buttons, and Butterflies said...

Praying Mattie...praying!!!!

Holly said...

I hope his numbers go back up so he can continue treatment. I guess it is good that the tumor is not growing. I pray that it starts shrinking!!