Friday, November 11, 2011

One Year Ago

We learned we were having another boy!

We already knew his name was Jakin Isaac (God Will Establish Laughter).

We learned his little heart was beating WAY too fast.

We were sent to the high risk OB early to receive a diagnosis of SVT (which later changed).

We asked for prayer and we prayed the word over our son.

We asked others to do the same...


In just short of two weeks, our boy will be celebrating his first birthday in Heaven.

It almost seems too surreal at times, that I even had him.  That I held his little body and buried him beside his sister.  Maybe it was all the medication.  Maybe it was God's protection.  Maybe it was all I could do to face the Holiday's grieving again.  

Please keep us in mind on the 24th.  Thanksgiving Day.  It will have been one year since I saw that precious little face and held that tiny little perfect hand...

8 comments:

Heidi Grohs said...

Wow Mattie....I remember this so well.

((((HUGS))))))

Lynn said...

Oh, Mattie! My heart aches for you all over again =( I remember this like it was yesterday. I'm sure it's much more fresh for you. I'll be saying a special prayer for you and your family everyday between now and the 24th and especially on that day.

(((Hugs)))

Jess said...

Praying for you and your family. This is a tough holiday season to face after loss. <3

Jamie said...

(((hugz)))
Jamie

Megan said...

I will always keep you, your family, and your precious Shyla and Jakin in my heart and prayers. I love you Mattie. <3

Caroline said...

{{{HUGS}}} & I will be thinking of you all so much. <3 Jakin <3

Holly said...

Mattie, I have been thinking of you a lot and of Jakin as his day approaches. I'm sure he is very much on your mind and all that you were going through last year. ♥

Elainna said...

Mattie you are often in my thoughts. Praying for you and your family. ♥