Friday, November 4, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Remember

I'm participating in Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday.  The rules are simple...


    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
    GO!
    The topic of "remember"  is an easy one to write about right now.  Last night, I had the honor of speaking at the 3rd annual Hold Life Precious Banquet.  The banquet is the largest fundraising event the crisis pregnancy center which I am a co-director holds. I remember meeting a little less than 3 years ago and talking about the Center getting started.  As a school social worker, it was going to be a great resource for the teens that I worked with.  
    I remember laughing with the ladies who started the center that it was interesting we were having lunch and talking about unplanned pregnancies...I had just found out I was pregnant with my second child just after I had gotten accepted into the advanced standing graduate school to get my MSW.
    I remember, just a few months later, I donated all the little girly things we had gotten for our daughter, just a week after her death.  I remember the odd combination of emotions leaving my daughters things for others to use...at the same time, the amazing gratitude that the Center was there for us to pass these items along to families in need.
    I remember two years ago, speaking at the first ever Hold Life Precious Banquet and telling Shyla's story.  Keeping her memory alive.
    I remember last year, being about 16 weeks pregnant with Jakin and rubbing my tummy as the praise band sang and I began to feel his little kicks.
    I remember how God worked all his miracles and blessings in disguise in order to open the door to allow me to be a part of this ministry.  
    And lastnight, I got to share these memories with our guests and donors and watch God move on behalf of those in need of His love.  
    I always want to remember how God works things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose.

No comments: