Monday, July 23, 2012

3-2-1 Cake


Need a sweet snack, but no time to bake a cake?  Or just need one serving?  I have the perfect answer!  I came across this simple recipe here months ago and quickly whipped up a batch using chocolate cake mix.  It lasted for a very long time and I recently decided I would make a yellow cake version.
Just three ingredients…

1 Box Angel Food Cake
1 Box any kind of Cake Mix
Mix these two together (I just dump in a big baggie and shake)
321cake

To make your little cake, just scoop 3 tablespoons of the cake mixture into a microwave safe mug, then stir in 2 tablespoons water and nuke for 1 minute!  That’s it!

321mug

Sometimes I drop a few milk chocolate chips on it while it’s still warm and let them melt.  Yummy!

Linking up!

No Ordinary Blog Hop
 

3 comments:

Sherry Reese said...

That's a neat idea...and so easy! I may have to keep this on hand for little treats for the kids! Maybe we could also call it "cupcake in a cup." Haha!

Briana@SweetCGrace said...

Cool! Bookmarking the recipe!

Cross Moms said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cool! I will be trying it today with my youngest son! He will love it! Thank you for sharing on NOBH!
Love and God Bless,
Christy