Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Recipe: Cowboy Caviar


In honor of Ethan’s recent encounter with The Duke, I thought I would share a little recipe I found while perusing Pin.terest.
IMG_2841e

I originally found the recipe HERE, but I made a few changes based on what I had on-hand and it turned out quite yummy.  Here is how I made it…

Cowboy Caviar

  • 2 cans (11 Oz. Can) Mexicorn, Drained
  • 1 can Rotel, drained
  • 1 whole Bell Pepper, Chopped
  • 1 small onion, Chopped
  • 8 ounces, weight Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 cup Sour Cream
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
Mix all ingredients and chill before serving.  The best way to serve is with Frito Scoops (in my opinion).
(Next time I’m thinking I might add just a little less of the mayo and sour cream and a little more shredded cheddar so the consistency isn’t so thin.)
IMG_2779
I made sloppy joes and served with the Cowboy Caviar and Fritos.  It got approval all around…well, that’s until Ethan decided it’s too spicy for him!  But really, it wasn’t that spicy at all.
What are some of your new favorite recipes?




Photobucket
*By the way...the month is over half-way over and I am still hanging in there with NaBloPoMo!!!  Yay!  GO me!

3 comments:

Eschelle said...

I have never heard of this before how neat!! I really like this idea!

New follower from the Tasty Tuesday hop!

Winnie said...

This looks yummy! I have never heard of it..Maybe since I am in NYC..Will give it a try. I smiled when I read frito scoops as my friend from TX makes frito pie and that was new to me too...and now, I love it. Thanks!

Kathy said...

This is new to me too. Sounds kind of yummy!!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com