Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

{This post is part of NaBloPoMo.  Today's prompt is, "What was the 4th of July like for you as a child?"}

I always loved the 4th of July.  It was my Grandpa's thing.  We always had a big family reunion at his house.  Well, outside his house.  He bought fireworks and we had a big picnic.  I have such great memories of the 4th of July.  My Grandpa's siblings, my cousins, 2nd cousins and beyond.  We always had so much fun.

Our family was full of pranksters too.  Like the time one of my Mom's cousins spiked our watermelon with pickle juice...YUCK!  Or the time my uncle lit one of those little spinning tank firecrackers under my grandpa's chair.  And my brothers.  What fun we had!

We always got anxious and lit our fireworks a little before dark, just because all the kids were begging too.

I have such fond memories of the 4th as a child. I hope Ethan will have them too.

2010 Family 4th picnic.  His shirt says "Mommy's Little Firecracker"!




No comments: