Friday, July 6, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Story

I'm linking up with Lisa Jo Baker and Five Minute Friday.  Lisa encourages us with a prompt and the directive to write for five minutes and five minutes only.  No editing, no worrying, no research.  Just write! 

Today's prompt:  Story


Our family story began almost 7 years ago.  No, that's not true, it began long before that.  My husband and I began our story together long before we ever met.  God was writing our family story since each of us was born.

Or I could go back even further.  Our parents story gave birth to our own, and their parents before them. 

Our stories are not only our own, but a page in the book of our ancestors and our descendants.  

I want my great-great-grandchildren to look back at my families chapter in our generational book at see our story so intertwined with God's word that they know we were a family that could let go and allow the great author to pen our days.

I so often want to grab hold and write my own story only to find God's story is so much better.  The ending will be so much sweeter and journey (although not problem free) more full of joy and sacred tears than if I scribbled it out myself.

At the end of my story, I want others to see who the author was.  I want it to be clear and show boldly of His love and creativity.



4 comments:

Brenda said...

Great post! I have often prayed the same thing. I pray my husband and I are writing an amazing legacy of faith and trust for not only our children but generations to come.

Kelly JS said...

My favorite part is when you say you want others to see who the author was. I LOVE the way you described that. I also want to leave a legacy for my children, grandchildren and beyond. I often think about this.

Thank you so much for stopping by my 5 Minute Friday and sharing your story. It has really helped me so much. I appreciate it. I'm headed to check out your other site now.

ells said...

we are neighbors today...this is so good...my husband and I were just talking about this...we are all a product of all that came before us...but how we want those who come after us...especially our children...to see faithful, love...and that they will continue to build a beautiful story for their lives....blessings to you~

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

I love this part "know we were a family that could let go and allow the great author to pen our days." it's the let go part that gets me. For that is what He's been teaching me as of late.

great 5 minute write! So grateful to meet you today!